Financing the drivers of industry growth.
Global leadership in mine financing.
For more than 100 years, Ontario has been one of the world’s great mining jurisdictions and today it is a global centre for mine financing and related legal, accounting, engineering and geological expertise.
Toronto is the mine financing capital of the world. Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and the TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV) are:
- #1 among exchanges worldwide in number of mining companies listed
- #1 among exchanges worldwide in equity capital raised
- home to 43 per cent of the world’s public mining companies
The TSX and TSXV in 2015 saw:
- 29 new mining listings
- 40 billion shares traded
- $6.8 billion in equity capital raised representing 90 per cent of all global equity financings
TSX and TSXV offer the best access to capital for junior mining companies, including through alternative IPO routes such as the Capital Pool Company (CPC) and Special Purpose Acquisition Corporation (SPAC) programs.
Financing a cleaner, greener future.
Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV) are global leaders in the number of listed oil and gas and clean technology companies. Today, TSX and TSXV are home to more than:
- 280 oil and gas companies that raised more than $8 billion in equity capital and traded shares worth more than $202 billion in 2015
- 110 clean technology and renewable power companies that have a total market cap of more than $29 billion. During 2015, $2.4 billion in equity capital was raised and 2.1 billion shares were traded, valued at $9.8 billion.
A number of players have stepped forward to help finance this clean-tech growth.
MaRS, for example, is a globally recognized innovation centre located in the heart of Toronto’s technology community. The MaRS Cleantech Fund provides early-stage funding to Ontario-based clean-tech companies.
And the sector is expanding. For example, Stifel Nicolaus Canada Inc., a subsidiary of Stifel Financial, launched a $100 million fund in Toronto to invest in innovative, clean-tech companies.
NEWS & EVENTS
Feb 24, 2017
TFSA Welcomes New Member: DBRS
Feb 14, 2017
TFSA Welcomes New Member: Morneau Shepell
Sign up for our free email newsletter. Every quarter we‘ll send you important news and information about the financial services industry in Toronto. See past issues.